Thursday, May 10, 2012

By Their Fruits

Have you ever watched a movie over and over, and every time you catch something new that you hadn't seen before?  That's kind of how I feel about the Book of Mormon.  Minus the kind of.  That is how I feel about it.  I love reading it because every time I do something new and cool pops up that I haven't thought of before.  Today you are lucky because I'm going to share one of these little gems with you!  I decided to read Jacob chapter 5.  When I was younger I used to skip or quickly skim this chapter because it didn't make sense, and it is a long chapter.  I have since overcome my childhood aversion, and today decided to actually study this very chapter.

The chapter tells the allegory of the tame and wild olive trees.  And I'm not going to go into detail, because I want you to read it and find your own "ah has". I will however share mine.  As I read I noticed that the Lord tries several times to save his trees that they might bring forth good fruit.  He is exactly that way with us.  He gives us so many opportunities to change and come unto him.  To become like him.  And although He will never take away our agency, He won't give up on us either.  Sometimes we might think He is going to give up on us, but he won't even then.  "Spare it a little longer."  (Jacob 5:50) 

Because of the Lord's infinite love, He will always desire for us to come to him.  To bring forth good fruit.  He works with us to help us.  Let Him help you.  Let him dig about and prune you so that your fruit is sweet.  "By their fruits ye shall know them" (3 Nephi 14:20)  Don't waste the opportunities you are given.  Bring forth good fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment